Friday, November 13, 2009

B.L.O.W M.E

I hope this doesnt end up just being my weekly rant, as you know I like to rant. Also, this doesn't follow the usual format of a review of the weeks events that caught my attention. But I felt strongly about this. It actually could even be seen to stem from last weeks rant involving Whale Wars. Extremists, to start off. As you can obviously tell I am all about being passionate about something. But I only complain about it. These (and I thank Stephen Colbert for this) "self-deluding nutjobs" are so passionate about something, most commonly animals, and decide that their going to stop eating meat, recycle without fail, and pull a maneuver common of near all extremists, try to force their ideals on you and convince you that you're horrible for eating that meaty, juicy, delectible hamburger because some cow had to die.Listen, fuckheads, I've long had an opinion that this is really counterproductive to your cause.My logic, you ask? For one, cows, chickens, and other livestock food animals are not endangered. Their deaths for our nutrition has no significant impact on the ecosystem. Also, you all complain of how the animals are treated horribly. If you were anything more than mindless PETA slaves youd know that there are laws in place that require that the livestock be treated with decency. If slaughterhouse's are found to be mistreatign livestock they are shut down. Congratulations, I've just ruined your greatest reason for not eating meat and now I'm on to your role model group: PETA. Again, you're extremism leaves you blind to the truth. If you do some research you'll find that PETA not only uses misinformation to mislead you to follow their will, but very few pet animals in their care ever see a new home. A large majority of them are euthanized to make more room. Instead of supporting these faceless organizations why not go spend 70 or so dollars to have you pet spayed or neutered. And while you're at it, do the same for yourself. I'd rather someone who doesn't bother asking questions and doing legitimate research doesn't reproduce. If you want to help the animal kingdom take some tips from the incredible woman that is Jane Goodall. Now on to another group that's recently caught my attention and deserves to be here, as well as my weekly rant, but I digress. The Facebook group "Check Your Info". Again, its a good cause with completely arrogant self-loving (semi)extremists at the helm. They find Facebook groups without an administrator through Google and, through a loophole in the Group system on Facebook, take the open spot as the new admin. As some might know, the admin has the ability to see the information of all group members as well as change any details about the group. "Check Your Info"'s goal? To inform people that they should be careful with what groups they join and what they put on their profiles. Oh, gee, this seems so familiar. Maybe it's because it's the same message that's been repeated over and over since the dawn of social networking sites, if not the internet. I sent "Check Your Info" an email, calmly informing them how angry their self-importance angered me. I informed them that it was less than modest that they thought just because they pull some slick stunt on Facebook that the message will finally sink in and people will start being careful on the internet. That led to my next point. You can inform people how to behave properly and guard their information but you can never teach common sense. There will always be people on the internet giving out every bit of information about themselves except, sometimes, their social security numbers and posting bulletins/blogs/status updates about how high/wasted they got at that party last night. And lets not forget the pictures of said events. No. Sorry, "Check Your Info", but as a group and as individuals you're not special and even though you may make a small number of people change their wicked reckless ways you'll not succeed in your ultimate goal. Nor will you ever. The same goes for enviromental extremists. Why? People dont take you seriously. They laugh at you, make jokes behind your back, and ignore your endless rambling on your cause's behalf. So, I'm off to make a hamburger. Don't post any important information while Im gone. And a quick note on a personal "win". I was watching a Miracle Whip commercial and they said "You cannot mute us." I didnt hear the rest of the commercial because I took this as a personal challenge and muted my television. Me = 1 Miracle Whip = 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment