Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week One - Oh, to be sane.

Ah, see I promised this rant didn't I? Well, let's see if I can get this goin' smooth and finish with a bang. On Thursday I was watching TV when my mom came in, comandeered the remote and began channel surfing. At first she stopped on CNN which, although occasionally biased (But noone can beat the predjiuce of Fox as we all know), is my main source of non-local news. The story at the time was of a hot air balloon that may or may not have a 6 year old child in it. Honestly, I didnt care. If someone is gonna have something like that laying around that a 6 year old can get in and lift off the ground, they deserve to watch their child zip uncontrollably through the air. My mother of course, who I sometimes attribute my attitude towards things to, yelled at the TV and I, suggesting what she thought they should do to save him. And it only got better as they eventually decided it was a Helium balloon. Then the father was a retired storm chaser. Then guess what? After helicopters are involved and an airport is shut down, the boy climbs out of a box in the garage's attic. Of course, this only entertained my mom for a short time and soon she found herself on Dr. Phil. Really? Hell, I could do a better job than that stuttering moron and I'd do it for little to nothing. Why? Not onl do I feel its my job to inform people that I think I know whats good for them, but you can't exactly expect too much pay for smacking people around and telling them to get their shit together. But hey, I bet even you, dear reader, could do a better job than him. Hell, you may even be a real doctor, medicinal or otherwise doesnt matter. I take a break now reader to inform you that the rant you've read so far was inspired by 10 minutes out of my life while my mother channel surfed. Think I'm a little irritable now? Well, that's just the beginning and this is the first entry. A conversation I had with somebody led me to be inspired to add a bit on the so-called "seperation of church and state" in this "wonderful country of ours". If church and state are really so seperate than what should it matter if god wouldnt like two people of the same sex getting married, let alone having sexual relations. There are other things that the subjectivity of our government, influenced by what I think is just the greatest and oldest example of propaganda ever distributed on any sort of scale. If ya didnt catch it, Im refering to the bible. Religion in and of itself has rarely done too much good. No, its main products are misery, wars, and execution of people and their rights as humans because their holy leaders and book told them it was the right thing to do by their god. But off my religion rant for now. Back to the American government and its abuse of power. Actually, no, its not even just the american government. Governments all over the world take away the rights of its people based on words that are supposed to be words directly from their religious icon. Women in muslim countries are still treated like inferior beings because that's what religion says they are and it's not even on a personal level. Its on a government level. My ideal vision of a government? A communist society with a democratically elected leader but if this leader is found to let religion bias his opinions of an issue he is to be up for reveiw and removed from office. And being a communist society doesnt mean it cant be democratic. Political policies and economic policies dont need to be linked with their stereotypical partner's. It would be theoretically possible to have a society that is run by a democratic governement with a communistic economic plan. Ah, well, For now Im out of things to go on about. Damned short week. Well, next week's should be much longer and have a bit more points. Anyway, until then, stop rolling over and accepting the way things are. Question everything.

1 comment:

  1. You, my good sir, are a copyright infringer. Your last line, the very last of it. That, thief, is mine. My own. Belonging to me just as much as my tag. And don't say you were questioning my ownership (And therefore part of everythign), yew have entierly too much to lose in a debate wiff me.
    ``Lady wHY?

    P.s.: Good good. Good enough to distract me from my paper which you really should not, lol.

    ReplyDelete